The LG Optimus Black P970 was launched in January 2011. It’s a very slim, light, and sexy looking phone. Thanks to its all plastic housing, it weighs in at a mere 109 grams. It’s also one of the thinnest cellphones on the market, measuring only 9.2 mm thick. LG has equipped the phone with one of the brightest displays available, a NOVA 4-inch IPS-LCD display. The phone is also pretty fast, thanks to a it’s 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor. Although it isn’t as powerful as some of the other higher end dual core phones, there is still plenty of processing power to work with. Calls on the phone sound clear, the speakerphone performed well, and the battery life was fairly good for a phone with such a large and bright screen. The phone comes loaded with the Android 2.2 Froyo operating system and LG has provided an assortment of widgets to make the UI very user friendly and customizable. The phone can operate on 2G Networks (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900) and 3G Networks (HSDPA 900 / 1700 / 2100 & HSDPA 900 / 1900 / 2100).
Some key features on this phone include a 1 GHz Cortex-A8 processor, TI OMAP 3630 chipset, PowerVR SGX530 GPU, 2 GB storage (1 GB user-available), and 512 MB of RAM. It measures 122 x 64 x 9.2 mm, weighs 109 grams, has a 4.0 inch (480 x 800 pixels) IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors, 5 MP (2592 x 1944 pixels) autofocus LED flash digital camera with a 2 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v2.1, microUSB v2.0, GPS, and operates on the Android v2.2 (Froyo) OS.
Listed below are the instructions you will need to unlock your LG Optimus Black P970:
1. Input a non accepted simcard
2. Phone will prompt you for a “Sim network unlock PIN”
3. Input the unlock code. If you don’t have an unlock code for your phone, you can get one on our unlock LG webpage
4. Your phone is now permanently unlocked
1. Power on your phone (can be done with or without a simcard inserted)
2. Go to your phone’s keypad and dial 2945#*970#
3. Phone will prompt you to enter in your “Sim network unlock PIN”
4. Enter the unlock code
5. Device should say: “Network Lock Deactivated”
6. Your phone is now permanently unlocked
Need more help? For support, instructions, and unlock codes, visit www.cellunlockcode.com