The LG Optimus Chat C550 was released in March 2011. A few of the features on this phone include 140 MB of built-in storage space (in addition to an external microSD card slot that can be expanded up to 32 Gigabytes), 2.8 inch TFT touchscreen display, 3.15 Mega-pixel auto-focus digital camera, Wi-Fi, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps data speeds, Bluetooth v2.1, Gps, and works on the Android v2.2 (Froyo) Operating system.
Unlocking your phone will allow you to use it on ANY GSM carrier worldwide, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, Fido, Koodo, Vodafone, Tim, Claro, and many more. Shortly after you order, the unlock code with instructions will be emailed to you.
Listed below are the instructions you will need to unlock your LG Optimus Chat C550:
There are three unlocking methods for the LG Optimus Chat C550. Here is the first method.
1. Input a non accepted simcard
2. Phone will prompt you for a “Sim network unlock PIN”
3. Input the unlock code. If you don’t have an unlock code for your phone, you can get one on our LG unlock code webpage.
4. Phone is unlocked!
Here is the second unlocking method.
1. Power on your phone without any simcard inserted
2. Once it finishes booting up, go to your phone’s keypad and dial 2945#*550#
3. Phone will display a list with “Network lock”, “Service Provider Lock”, “Network Subset Lock”, Corporate Lock”, and “SIM/USIM Lock”. You must select Network Lock.
4. You will see the message “SIM network unlock pin. Unlock Attempt 1 of 10?. Enter the unlock code and tap on the “Unlock” button. If you don’t have an unlock code for your phone, you can get one on our LG unlock code webpage.
5. Device should say: “Network unlock successful”. Your phone is now permanently unlocked
Here is the last unlocking method.
1. Input a non accepted simcard (a sim that isnt from the original carrier) and power on the phone
2. Once it finishes booting up, go to your phone’s keypad and dial *#865625#
3. Phone will prompt you to enter in your “Sim network unlock PIN”
4. Enter the unlock code. If you don’t have an unlock code for your phone, you can get one on our LG unlock code webpage.
5. Device should say: “Network Unlock Successful”
6. Your phone is now permanently unlocked.
Need more help? For support, instructions, and unlock codes, visit www.cellunlockcode.com