The LG Optimus G E970 was launched in November 2012. A few of the impressive features on this phone include a Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait cpu, Adreno 320 GPU, Qualcomm MDM9615M / APQ8064 chipset, 16 GB of built in storage space (plus an external microSD card slot that comes with 16 GB of extra storage and can be expanded up to 64 Gb), 2 GB RAM, 4.7 inch touch screen, 8 Megapixel autofocus LED flash camera, 1.3 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi 802.11, HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; LTE Cat3 50 Mbps UL & 100 Mbps DL, Bluetooth v4.0, Gps, and works on the v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating system.
Unlocking your phone will allow you to use it on ANY GSM carrier worldwide, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, Fido, Koodo, Vodafone, Tim, Claro, and many more. Shortly after you order, the unlock code with instructions will be emailed to you.
Listed below are the instructions you will need to unlock your LG Optimus G:
There are two unlocking methods for the LG Optimus G E970. Here is the first method.
1. Insert a non-accepted simcard into your phone (a simcard that isn’t from the original carrier).
2. Power on phone.
3. Phone will prompt you for the “Sim network unlock PIN”. Type in your unlock code. If you don’t have an unlock code for your phone, you can get one on our unlock LG webpage.
4. Your phone is now unlocked.
Here is the second unlocking method.
1. Power on your phone without any simcard inserted
2. Once it finishes booting up, go to your phone’s keypad and dial 2945#*970#
3. Phone will display a list with “Network lock”, “Service Provider Lock”, “Network Subset Lock”, Corporate Lock”, and “SIM/USIM Lock”. You must select Network Lock.
4. The phone will prompt you for the “SIM network unlock pin”. Enter the unlock code and tap on the “Unlock” button. If you don’t have an unlock code for your phone, you can get one on our LG unlock code webpage.
5. Device should say: “Network unlock successful”. Your phone is now permanently unlocked
Need more help? For support, instructions, and unlock codes, visit www.cellunlockcode.com